Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Chroma Keying + Rotoscoping

Key_Roto_Tests



In this image I wasn’t able to pull a clean key for everything, most problem areas were in the head and face area, and I did some rotoscoping in the center of the face but decided to not do full out hair pulling, tedious rotoscope work for the whole image because of how small and possibly covered it would be in the composition of the whole sequence as well as time considerations. I also expanded my white and grey tone in all of the images to simulate the look of film, which doesn’t have black or white levels nearly as high as video. I put it in the composition like this and felt like mistake weren’t noticeable and so I left it in.. I’m glad I did because I went to extra special care in setting up the color composition of the foreground and background at the production/creative phase, if I had a junior compositor( he,he), it would have gotten completely rotoscoped.

1 Comments:

At 6:29 PM, Blogger anon said...

the mistakes aren't that noticeable.. but yes, you didn't pull a clean key.. there are still some green around the edges... and some green spill also... Yep, rotoscoping can be tedious but the new softwares available had made it more convenient...

Rotoscoping & Chroma keying

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counters
OfficeMax Coupons